Fellowship Roswell Doctrinal Statement
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?” “Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
- Romans 11:33-36
“In essentials unity. In non-essentials liberty. In all things charity.”
– St. Augustine
The elders of Fellowship Bible Church hold to the following essential doctrinal positions that form the foundation of our faith. We believe, uphold, and defend the following points of doctrine for the sake of maintaining the peace and purity of our church. These doctrinal positions are not new; we belong to an ancient tradition of those who have called upon God in the name of Jesus Christ by the power and presence of the Holy Spirit over centuries.
- We believe there is one God in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We worship God with reverence and joy.
- We believe God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Redeemer. We believe Jesus Christ is our Savior and King. We believe the Holy Spirit is fully God, proceeding from the Father and the Son.
- The Bible is God’s special revelation. It is authoritative. We seek to obey and apply it with wisdom in all aspects of our church and life.
- We believe the gospel is the whole good news of all that God has done through Jesus Christ, our Savior and King.
- We believe that each person must respond to the gracious and merciful call to salvation by faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
- We eagerly await God’s cosmic restoration and the final return of Jesus Christ, our King.
- We believe that God created all things good. God made all people in his image.
- We teach that sin has corrupted every aspect of life.
- The power to resist sin and walk in wholeness is the result of Jesus’ work and the Spirit’s sanctification.
- We trust and depend upon the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit in every aspect of our lives and the life of our church.
- We aim to present every believer mature in Christ Jesus; growing up into his image and likeness.
- We see all of our lives as an opportunity to practice and model life in God’s Kingdom to our fellow believers and all who would desire to be in God’s family.
- We regularly and joyfully practice baptism and the Lord’s supper to proclaim the gospel and receive God’s grace.