The Engage Weekend: Be Equipped as a Worker in the Harvest
Posted Feb 02, 2017 by Kris Eldridge in Missions
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest. – Matthew 9:36-38
On Saturday morning, February 11, you have the opportunity to be equipped as a worker in the harvest!
1. Neighborhood Bible Study Training & Breakfast 8–10am | rm 206, led by Mark and Debbie McGoldrick, www.nbs2go.com
Mark and Debbie McGoldrick will share how you can start a neighborhood Bible study.
Neighborhood Bible Studies are changing lives! God desires to use you where you live, work or play to make an impact for eternity. Since these three areas are central to our lives, we see them as the perfect setting to share the love of Christ, to reach out and build friendships, and to present the hope of the Gospel through facilitating a simple Discovery Bible Study.
Saturday’s interactive workshop is for both men and women. It will include real life stories, simple tips and a variety of “take-away” tools to help you pray for and reach out to your neighbors/relational networks. You will leave with fresh ideas, free resources and your own personal plan for next steps.
2. Four Chair Discipleship Training & Breakfast 8am–12:30pm | rm 202, led by a representative from Sonlife Ministries, www.sonlife.com
A representative from Sonlife Ministries will be teaching. “
During the 4 Chair
- What is a disciple?
- Who is the model for being a disciple?
- What is a disciple’s mission?
- What is a disciple’s motivation?
- What is the process of becoming a disciple who makes disciples?
- Where am I in the disciple-making process? What are my next steps?
Included in the 4 Chair
- A fresh look at Jesus as our model for being a disciple who makes disciples
- An overview of the 4 Chair
Disciplingprocess, highlighting Jesus’ 4 challenges
- A simple understanding of what we need to know and do to grow to be like Jesus in our character and priorities
- A simple understanding of what we need to know and do to become fishers of men
- A simple understanding of the barriers that keep us from moving to the next chair and how we experience breakthrough
- Our new 4 Chair
DisciplingInventory, an assessment tool for individuals to identify where they are in the disciplingprocess
- A sample study from the 40 Days of Disciple-making Journal
For information and to make your reservation for one of these seminars, please go to fellowshiproswell.org/events. Come! Step out in faith! Experience God working through you in the Harvest!
Fellowship Bible Church