Sanctity of Life Sunday
Posted on Jan 8, 2018
SUNDAY, JANUARY 14
Student Ministry will take a break from our current series, Know God, for Sanctity of Life Sunday. Paul and Joel will be teaching on why human life is sacred and what that means to us as Christians.
MIDDLE SCHOOL - PAUL BICKFORD
Scripture: Genesis 1:26-27, 31; Psalm 139:13-16
This week we are going to be looking at the “sanctity of life”. We will be talking about why all human life is sacred and what it means to be made in the image of God.
1. What makes life sacred?
2. Can you think of an example where life was not treated as sacred?
3. Since God is Spirit, what does it mean to be created in God’s image?
4. Who is created in God’s image?
HIGH SCHOOL - JOEL DIAZ
Bottom Line: Pro-life means All-life
Scripture: Psalm 139:7,13-16 (ESV)
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
- You heard the term All-life this morning. How do you understand that term?
- Why does All-life matter? (created in the image of God, imago Dei)
- According to what you heard this morning, when does life begin? How involved is God in that process? How should this inform our faith and how we see people?
- What thoughts do you have when you realize that according to the psalmist God saw our “unformed substance”? (Reinforce the point that this isn’t just for us. This truth applies to all humanity whether they have trusted God or not.)
- What lives are you surrounded by that maybe you have avoided or ignored that need to know God?
Pray for those lives that they would come to know God, and that God would use you in that process.